Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ishant Ready for Tri Nation Series

Seamer Ishant Sharma is all set for the new season starts with the tri-nation series in Sri Lanka starting on September 8.He felt that the side will miss senior players Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan in the upcoming ODI series in Colombo — involving India, New Zealand and hosts Sri Lanka and in the great honorable Champions Trophy.

“Sehwag is our important batsman and Zaheer is our main strike bowler. Their presence in the lineup is always cheering. We will definitely miss them,” said Ishant, who was here for a promotional event.

“The stress is always there to perform, and I am sure the team will live up to the anticipation.”

About his personal form, Ishant said: “I am working hard for the last few weeks. We have to regularly improve our performance.”

About the controversy surrounding Delhi cricketers and Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA), He said: “I do not want to remark on this matter. I can only say that I was a part of Delhi team and I have not left them. I will go on playing for Delhi.”

No comments: