Friday, September 04, 2009

Sehwag Keen in a Comeback

Virender Sehwag, who is in the treatment to a shoulder injury, is looking to return to international matches with the Twenty20 Champions League going to be played in the next month.

Sehwag, who has been out of the squad since returning to the home midway through the Twenty20 World Cup in England in June, will be absent for the tri-series in Sri Lanka as well as the Champions Trophy in South Africa.

“I am working hard on my shoulder and on tenterhooks that I will be fit before the Champions League T20,” Sehwag said.

“My treatment is going really well. I am pushing myself hard. After first week of September, I will start batting properly in the nets. Normally I am throwing 20 or 50 balls a day but from second or third week of September I will start throwing more and try to play the local tournament if I get a chance,” Sehwag said.

Sehwag, who kicked up a paddle after highlighting the partiality in selection matters of Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA), said he was pleased with the outcome of the meeting with DCCA president Arun Jaitley.

“We had an optimistic meeting with Arun Jaitley and other members of the DDCA. Even Mr. M.K. Pataudi joined the meeting at my request and I am thankful to him.”
Sehwag said that he was not targeting anyone in DDCA, but was only opposed to the selection system.

“My fight is in opposition to the selection system. You have to change the system and put some good people who can look after cricket.”

No comments: