Thursday, July 30, 2009

Muralitharan Thinks for his Back foot in Test Cricket

Muttiah Muralitharan make a strategy to go off from Test cricket after next year's series in opposition to the West Indies.

"That will be my very last Test series," the bowler said. "I am on tenterhooks that's the right time for me because I will be 38 years old by then."

Muralitharan said he will carry on to play one-day and Twenty20 internationals.

"I desire to play T20s and ODI cricket," he said. "I want to play ODI cricket in anticipation of the next World Cup and T20s for a few more years."

Muralitharan made his first Test appearance in 1992 and became the maximum wicket-taker in Tests when he broke Australian Shane Warne's record of 708 wickets in 2007.

He has picked up 770 Test wickets in 127 matches at 22 runs per wicket and could become the first player to take 800 wickets. His 507 wickets in ODIs is also the maximum by a bowler.

Muralitharan was named player of the match Thursday as Sri Lanka won the first limited-over international against Pakistan by 36 runs.

No comments: